Modpack Title: All the Mods 8 (CurseForge)
Modpack Version: 1.0.10 (Changelog)
Server Address: atm8.gaymerscommunity.com
Note: the server may not be running the latest version of the modpack. Please be sure to install the version listed above. We will try to wait a couple of days after a new version is released before updating the server. This should help us avoid any bugs that get through.
Installing All the Mods 8
One of the most popular modded Minecraft launcher is the CurseForge client. The client makes downloading, updating, and customizing a modpack fairly simple. Here is a wonderful video that goes over downloading the client and getting a modpack. Notably, you will want to search for and download All the Mods 8.
Tips and Tricks
- The All the Mods Team recommends the following Java arguments for playing ATM8:
-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true
- The Mega Torch prevents hostile mobs from spawning within a 64×64 block radius around the torch. It requires two blocks of gold and two diamonds to craft, but the torch is a massive boon in keeping your base safe.
- Mob Grief has been disabled, only one person needs to sleep, and fire does not spread or destroy blocks.
- The All the Mods Team have created numerous questlines to introduce players to modded Minecraft and specific mods. You can create a quest book by combining a ‘book’ and ‘cobblestone’ in a crafting table. You can, also, access the quests from your inventory by clicking the ‘quests’ icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Sophisticated Storage, Sophisticated Backpacks, and Functional Drawers all make inventory management better early game. Once you have some resources, you can get into the digital storage mods: Refined Storage or Applied Energistics 2. The All the Mods team recommends not storing armor or the special gems inside your digital storage, as they can cause lag.
- On your inventory screen, to the right of your player’s head, you will see a little speaker icon. This allows you to personally mute or dampen specific sounds in the game. Notably, the sound of nearby boss mobs being announced is under